Friday, May 14, 2010

In My Eyes

Cold splinters aching joints

The chill of nameless broken hearts

My arms are weary from displays

Of trying, when I miss

The boat I breathe

The cold air stings my face I sing

A tune to float away


But in the sunshine

Oh in the sunshine

It feels like California


Water-air press on lungs that

Grew in dry and heat and winds

I never thought the step

Through clouds would suffocate me so

That solid air abrades my skin

I’m blocked into the nothing

I am trapped in place by sticky

Eastward air


But in the cool breeze

Coming off the sea

It feels like California


In the lonely whispers

Of the broken city

I can hear snatches of melody

Pied piper’s flute

Got nothin’ on

The fingers of sun

Tugging me back home


Fasting forward starving on

diet cola’d heroine

The thicker air that breathes you in

You

Suffocate

In sound


But in roses carried on the air

The kisses of the breeze I swear


The sunshine feels like

The moonlight shines like


In my eyes like

California

No comments:

Post a Comment